You are here
National Emergency/ Disaster Management Authority: Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief
- Prepare the National Programme of Protection Against Natural and Other Disasters
- Compile risk and threat assessments
- Organise the monitoring, notification and warning system
- Organise communication systems
- Direct and coordinate preventive measures
- Announce the threat of disaster
- Give instructions for action in the event of disaster
- Prepare national emergency response plans
- Organise, equip and train civil protection units, which fall under national jurisdiction
- Coordinate preparedness and operations, and co-financing activities relating to public rescue services at the national level
- Prepare programmes, organising and implementing education and training
- Provide working conditions for the national Civil Protection Commander and Civil Protection Headquarters
- Form and maintain national reserves.
The ACPDR also manages international cooperation and is - through its Emergency Notification Centre of the Republic of Slovenia - also the point of contact for requests for assistance and other enquiries from abroad.