You are here
National emergency management authority: Fire Safety and Civil Protection Chief Directorate, Ministry of Interior
According to Art. 52 g of the Law on the Ministry of Interior (last amendments in Official Gazette No 88 of 9 November 2010) „The Fire Safety and Civil Protection Chief Directorate is a national specialized structure of the MoI for ensuring fire safety, rescue and protection in case of disasters under the terms and provisions of this Law and the Disaster Protection Law”.
- Firefighting and rescue activities;
- Emergency recovery activities, operational protection in case of floods and search and rescue operations;
- CBRN protection in case of incidents and accidents with HAZMAT and dealing with ecological incidents;
- State fire safety control;
- Prevention activities and control;
- Early-warning and alert of the state executive bodies and the population in case of disaster;
- Protection of the population in case of “wartime” or “emergency situation” in compliance with the Geneva Conventions;
- Assistance in the activities of the Interagency Commission for recovery and relief to the Council of Ministers;
- Methodical and expert support for disaster protection to the territorial executive authorities;
- Operational cooperation with the EU and NATO structures and other international organizations/initiatives in the field of fire safety and protection of the population, humanitarian aid and civil-military emergency planning.