Conference on forest fires prevention and preparedness and lessons learnt after forest fires season 2017, Podgorica, Montenegro 22-23 February 2018
The Conference on forest fires prevention and preparedness was heldon 22-23 February 2018 in Podgorica (Montenegro). Conference was organised within the DPPI SEE Disaster Management Training Programme (DMTP) and represents Montenegrin contribution to the Programme for the year 2018. The Conference was host by the Ministry of Interior – Directorate for Emergency Management of Montenegro, and co-organised with the National Protection and Rescue Directorate of the Republic of Croatia.
The main objective of the conference was to provide a platform for an exchange of information on best practices, experiences and lessons learnt of the DPPI SEE member countries and wide, relating to the prevention, preparedness and response in case of forest fires. The conference represented the reflection on forest fires which were affected the Mediterranean region during the summer period 2017.
The target audience was directors-general/Heads of the National emergency management/civil protection authority and experts in the field of fire protection or civil protection in DPPI SEE member countries and wider.
The conference was chaired by the Mr. Mirsad Mulić, Director General for Emergency Management of Ministry of Interior of Montenegro and Mr. Dragan Lozančić, Director General of the National Protection and Rescue Directorate of the Republic of Croatia.
The conference was attended by about 90 participants from different Montenegrin ministries, agencies, administrations, associations and local authorities (Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Army of Montenegro, National Parks of Montenegro, Red Cross of Montenegro, Municipal Protection and Rescue Services and Firefighting Volunteer Associations), DPPI SEE member countries (Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Romania, Slovenia, and Serbia), Italian Civil Protection Department and DG ECHO – Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations.
In accordance with agenda participants from Montenegro and above mentioned DPPI SEE member countries, Italian Civil Protection Department and DG ECHO – Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations presented issues relating to prevention and preparedness for forest fires as well as an exchanged views and discussed about response capacities, experiences and lessons learnt from fire season 2017 with focus on strengthening on regional cooperation.
Main conclusions of the Conference are: continuing with enhancing and strengthening regional cooperation in the field of civil protection especially in area of prevention, preparedness and response in case of forest fires, simplifying procedures for sending international assistance; continuing with organization similar conferences, trainings and other events in order to improve and strengthen administrative and response capacities of DPPI SEE member countries and wider, strengthening regional capacities for responding in the event of forest fires, enhancing information and knowledge between DPPI SEE member countries and wider relating to the fire prevention measures, exchanging and sharing information relating to fire protection legal framework, working on strengthening trust among DPPI SEE members and other actors and etc
- Federal Aadministration of Civil Protection, FBiH
- Direktorat za šumarstvo, lovstvo i drvnu industriju, Vlada Crne Gore
- Forest Fires - season 2017, DG ECHO
- Civil Protection Administration, Republika Srpska Government
- General Inspectorate for Emergency situation, Forest Fires Level of Preparedness of Romania
- Italian Civil Protection Department
- Forest and Wild Fire Season in Bulgaria, "Fire Safety and Civil protection" DG Ministry of Interior
- Forest fires prevention and preparedness and lessons learnt after forest fires season 2017 in the Republic of Macedonia
- National parks of Montenegro -fight with a fire
- Sherbimi i Mbrojtjes nga Zjarri dhe Shpëtimit FIRE FIGHTER AND RESCUE SERVICE
- Preparing for Forest Fires in Croatia 2018, NATIONAL PROTECTION AND RESCUE DIRECTORATE FIRE FIGHTING SECTOR, Croatia
- Protection and Rescue System in Montenegro Fire season 2017
- Municipality of Herceg Novi
- 2017 Fire Season - Croatian Coastal Area
- Wildfires in Serbia
- WILD FOREST FIRE IN DIVAČA AREA, 3th and 4th AUGUST 2017